The chief item of business for the City Council meeting of June 13, 2016 was to confirm appointments to the many groups that offer support to the city through all of it’s structures; the commissions, the committees and the boards. With a new interview process this year, most candidates had already had a chance to introduce themselves and answer questions before the council.
While there are still seats left open on some panels, many were appointed last night.Among the appointments formalized by the city council –
1. Appointed Albert Vera_to Seat No. 3 of the Civil Service Commission for a four-year term expiring June 30, 2020.
2. Appointed Jeannine Wisnosky Stehlin to Seat No. 5 of the Cultural Affairs Commission for a four year term expiring June 30, 2020 and appointed Zoltan Pali to fill the unexpired term for Seat No. 2, expiring June 30, 2018.
3. Reappointed William Rickards to Seat No. 1 of the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Commission for a four year term expiring June 30, 2020.
4. Reappointed Kevin Lachoff to Seat No. 4 of the Planning Commission for a four year term expiring June 30, 2020.
5. Reappointed Ira Diamond to Seat No. 1, Deborah Wallace to Seat No. 6, and appointed Karlo Silbiger to Seat No. 4, of the Committee on Homelessness for four year terms expiring June 30, 2020.
6. Reappointed Robert Montgomery, Barbara Effros-Schwartz, and Janet Hoult, to fill Seats No. 7, 2, and 6 respectively and appointed Koko Naing to fill Seat No. 4 to the Disability Advisory Committee for four year terms expiring June 30, 2020.
7. Reappointed Taria Lewis to fill Tenant Representative Seat No. 1 of the Landlord Tenant Mediation Board for term ending June 30, 2020;
8. Reappointed Justin Lescoulie to fill Landlord Representative Seat No. 1 of the Landlord Tenant Mediation Board for term ending June 30, 2020;
9. Reappointed Michael Berlin to fill Member-at-Large Representative seat No. 1 of the Landlord Tenant Mediation Board for term ending June 30, 2020;
10. Appointed Frank Dolce to the LAX Area Advisory Board to fill the unexpired term of the vacated third seat, expiring June 30, 2018;
11. Reappointed Ronnie Jayne to Seat No. 2 and Marcus Tiggs to Seat No. 4, and appointed Carrie Karney_to Seats No. 3 of the Fiesta La Ballona Committee and directed staff to reach out to the Culver City community for applicants to fill Seat No. 4;
12. Reappointed Crystal Alexander and Alejandro Lara to Seats No 1 and 2 (resident seats), respectively, and appointed Jose Casarez and Gustavo Rendon to Seats 4 and 5 (business seats) of the Finance Advisory Committee for terms ending June 30, 2020; extended the term length of appointed bargaining group members Bryan Sua and Jane Leonard by one year to end on June 30, 2017 to fulfill the request by the Finance Advisory Committee to allow a full two year term for the bargaining seat members;
13. Appointed Patricia Bijvoet, Joel Falter, and Kristen Torres Pawling to Resident Seats (No. 1, 2, and 3, respectively); Michelle Weiner to Resident Senior Seat No 4; Andrew Leist to Seat (No. 6) (as changed from a business seat); Dane Twichell to the Chamber of Commerce seat (Seat No. 9); Ted Ronchetti to the CCUSD Seat (No. 7); approved a blanket appointment by the CCUSD for the CCUSD Student Seat (No. 8) to be named and seated in September 2016 of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee; and directed staff to reach out to DAC for appropriate candidates for Resident- ADA (seat No. 5).
14. Reappointed Jay Garacochea as the City’s Representative to the Board of Trustees of the Los Angeles County West Vector and Vector-Borne Disease Control District for a term from January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017.