Living with a disability can be a tremendous challenge, and having a neighbor or a business who can be relied on to be helpful can make all the difference. Culver City Council and the Culver City Disability Advisory Committee, through the Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department, would like to honor one individual and one business during activities planned for “Disability Awareness Month” in October 2014.
The following are the nomination criteria:
· Individual nominees of any age must be a resident of or work/volunteer in service of residents of Culver City
· Nominated Businesses or Organizations must be located in or serve residents of Culver City
· Written description of what the nominee is doing or has done to benefit individuals with disabilities in the past year(s)
· Statement of why the nominee should receive the recognition
· Nominee’s name, address and telephone number
· Nominator’s name, address and telephone number
All nominations must be received by Tuesday, August 12, 2014.
Submit nominations to:
Culver City Senior Center, Disability Office
4095 Overland Avenue, Culver City, CA 90232
Fax to (310) 253-6711or e-mail: [email protected]
For more information, contact Senior & Social Services Specialist Darren Uhl @ (310) 253-6729.