At this meeting, the City Council:
• Presented Certificates of Recognition to Distinguished Visitors from the City’s Sister Cities in Canada, Mexico, Japan and Korea.
• Proclaimed Monday, January 21, 2013 as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the City of Culver City.
• Received a Presentation from Southern California Edison Regarding the City’s Obtaining Silver Status as a California Green Community.
• Adopted a proposed Ordinance amending Title 17, Zoning, of the Culver City Municipal Code and the Culver City Zoning Map regarding Alternative Parking Provisions and establishing a Public Parking Facilities (PPF) Zone (Zoning Code Text Amendment ZCA- P2012101; and Zoning Code Map Amendment ZCMA-P2012102).
• Adopted a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Submit a Cal Fire Urban and Community Forestry Management Plan Grant Application in the approximate amount of $75,000 for the Culver City Urban Forest Management and Tree Succession Plan.
• Authorized Submission of a Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority 2013 Call for Projects Grant Application in the approximate amount of $600,000 for the Higuera Street Bridge Ramp Project.
• Considered the Community Development Block Grant Fund Allocation for Fiscal Year 2013/2014, Adopted a Resolution Authorizing the Filing of an Application for Funding, and Approved a Reimbursable Contract with the County of Los Angeles in the approximate amount of $193,000 Concerning Culver City’s Allocation.