Come rally in support of Proposition 38— the initiative that will raise billions of dollars for public schools across California— including millions for Culver City.
Show your support by making signs and posters in support of Prop 38 or by wearing your school colors or spirit wear to the event. Monday, October 8 at 5:00pm Veterans Park 4117 Overland Avenue, Culver City, 90230 Join PTA members, parents and community members who support public schools- Refreshments will be provided – SEE YOU THERE!
Proposition 38 is unique because the funds generated by the initiative go directly to local schools, not Sacramento.
Prop 38’s Five Guarantees
• The California legislature cannot touch any of the money raised by Prop 38.
• School funding must go to every school in California on a per-pupil basis.
• The money cannot be spent to increase salaries or pensions of school personnel.
• Spending decisions will be made at the local level, with input from parents, educators, and community members.
• School districts will be accountable for improvements at each school, set annual goals for each school, and report whether these goals were achieved.