It’s become a long standing tradition and a local holiday – Get to the beach and pick up some trash! It doesn’t even have to be beach; there are sites to work on Ballona Creek, and the Los Angeles river; It’s all the way from Thousand Oaks to Long Beach. Make friends! Love the planet! Get out there and do it!
There will be over 50 cleanup sites to choose from throughout L.A. County. Whether you want to tidy up the beach or spruce up a neighborhood park, go underwater or skim the top, this is the day!
- Find a cleanup site: Check out our cleanup location site map to pick a location that suits you. Come back soon because we’ll continue to add more sites.
- Print a safety waiver: Save time and bring your waiver to your site. Each and every volunteer needs to fill one out.
— English Waiver — | — Korean Waiver — | — Spanish Waiver —
- Talk trash: Share on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to get your friends excited about the trashiest day of the year. Use the hashtags #coastalcleanupday and #healthebay to stay connected with the international volunteer day movement!
- Keep it clean: Supplies will be available at every site, but bring your own bucket, gloves, and a refillable water bottle to help reduce waste.
- Search for a Golden Sea Star: Keep your eyes peeled for a Golden Sea Star. There may be one hidden at your cleanup. If you’re one of the lucky ones, show a Heal the Bay volunteer to claim your prize.
to sign up with Heal the Bay, go to www.eventbrite.com/e/coastal-cleanup-day-2018-tickets-48460603971
Be the first to comment