You’ve never donated before? It’s a simple, four-step process; registration, medical history and mini-physical, donation and refreshments. The actual blood donation typically takes less than 10 minutes. The entire process, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, takes about an hour and 15 min. The average adult has about 10 pints of blood in his body. Roughly 1 pint is given during a donation. All donated blood is tested for HIV, hepatitis B and C, syphilis and other infectious diseases before it can be released to hospitals. Information you give to the American Red Cross during the donation process is confidential. It may not be released without your permission except as directed by law.
Donating blood is vital because-
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
Please join the lifesaving mission and schedule an appointment today! Anyone from any part of Culver City or Los Angeles ( not just Fox Hills) is welcome to come and roll up a sleeve.
Site: Heather Village
Address: 6443 Green Valley Circle, Culver City, CA, 90230
Room Name: Conference Room
Date: Sun Jun 1, 2014
Time: 9:00: AM – 3:15: PM
Coordinator Name: Tamara White
Coordinator Phone Number: 310-345-5768