“The History Man” a one-act play will be presented on March 14 at the Culver-Palms United Methodist Church at 6 p.m. written and performed by Leslie Perry.
Perry is a modern day griot; someone who is a repository of stories and wisdom from the African tradition, something like a bard in the English tradition. He is a founder of the Los Angeles Storytelling Festival. He will be joined by actress Carol Goans in “The History Man.”
Culver-Palms UMC (CPUMC) is expanding Sunday evening services to include more folk musicians, storytellers and special guests.
Sunday evenings at CPUMC:
· are for spiritual seekers who aren’t sure what they think about church;
· are an opportunity for persons who sleep-in or work on Sunday mornings;
· model the affirmation that one who sings, prays twice;
· ponder an ancient rabbi’s musing that God created human beings because God loves stories;
· are ancient/future, post-modern, emergent;
· are intuitive, seeking the artist’s way;
· are creating a community of acceptance, affirmation, openness, conversation;
· are a place to share your journey with others.
Come and see what’s happening on a Sunday evening at Culver-Palms UMC, and be part of our story.
4464 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City – (310)390-7717