As part of Sister Cities International’s (SCI) annual Young Artists and Authors Showcase (YAAS), the Culver City Sister City Committee is requesting entries from our local youth to submit in six different categories of the nationwide competition. The theme for this year’s competition is “Generation Rescue: Sustainable Water for All”. Climate change has become an undeniably harsh reality in our lives, making the importance of raising awareness and taking action more essential every day. As temperatures rise, water patterns are disrupted, ecosystems are disturbed, cultures are affected, and energy resources are proven to be unsustainable for long-term use. These ongoing changes impact our local and global communities in every aspect, and youth are the key to tackle this global reality.
At the national level, SCI will be awarding the following cash prizes:
● Grand prize winners from each category will receive $1,000;
● Second place winners from each category will receive $250;
● Third place winners from each category will receive $100.
At the local level, The Culver City Sister City Committee (CCSCC) will be awarding the following:
● One Grand prize winner will receive registration fee and lodging at the Youth Leadership in Washington D.C. this June 2022;
● Five second place winners across the categories will be awarded $100 each.
All CCSCC local winners will have their projects submitted to SCI’s international competition. Participants must :
● be between the ages of 13 and 18 as of April, 2022;
● live in Culver City
Applicants should review all YAAS competition guidelines, which can be found at
https://www.sistercities.org/2022-yaas, and should be sure that all submissions adhere to those guidelines.
All entries and digital art (photos of art are acceptable) should be emailed, along with applicant’s name, address, telephone number, birthdate, to CCSCC Youth Programs Chair: Lisa Saperston
([email protected]) prior to the submission deadline of Wednesday, March 16, 2022.
Be the first to comment