The highly successful “Culver City Summer Block Parties” have brought together Angelenos from every part of the city for looking for an unforgettable night in an unforgettable town. As summer winds down, the Summer Block Party organizers plan on celebrating the end of the season with a big bang during Downtown Culver City’s first Oktoberfest this Wednesday, Oct. 20th. With its twinkling tree-lined streets, pedestrian-friendly walkways and easy access from almost anywhere in Los Angeles, downtown Culver City sets the stage for an unforgettable Oktoberfest.
Traditional sausages can be found, but what will make this Oktoberfest unique are the various interpretations of Oktoberfest cuisine by Culver City’s award-winning chefs and bartenders. Taste Korean-influenced sausage Bibimbap, Choucroute (Bavarian Sauerkraut with sausage), authentic Schweinebraten roasted pork on pretzel rolls, and much more. Event goers will also get a chance to sample seasonal, artisanal and limited-time beers presented by Downtown Culver City’s restaurants and bars. Retailers and businesses will also have specials and discounts exclusive for the event.
An Oktoberfest celebration isn’t complete without music, and there will be plenty of live musical entertainment resonating from patios and sidewalks throughout Downtown Culver City. October’s special musical guest is The Petrojvic Blasting Company—an ensemble of instrumental musicians with a penchant for boisterous yet tightly composed music. Their sound is a blend of New Orleans Dixie and Balkan folk music with a touch of swing. The group’s gyspy-influenced, pre-World War II love songs are romantic, boisterous, rowdy and always fun.
The Summer Block Parties’ Oktoberfest features special offers and free goodies from over 25 participating businesses throughout the downtown area, as well as outdoor entertainment and activities ranging from wine and food tastings to free pole dancing lessons. Drink beer and eat to your heart’s content, enjoy live music under the stars, shop and sample from one-of-a-kind boutiques and view art at gallery gatherings during Oktoberfest in Culver City!
Valet and free two-hour parking are available for event-goers. For event details, directions and a PDF printout of all specials and offers, visit www.downtownculvercity.com
FULL LISTING OF OFFERS AND SPECIALS:
• Akasha – New Belgian’s Hoptoberfest for $4 and 1/2 off all wines by the bottle
• BottleRock – $4 Oktoberfest beer and menu items; two prize drawings (guest must be present to win).
• Cold Stone Creamery – Samples of seasonal flavors: pumpkin cheesecake ice cream and ice cream pies
• Daphnes – 3-course dinner for $7 from 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
• Dr. Heidi Fahringer Optometrist – Paul Smith by Oliver Peoples frame trunk show. 10% off designer frames; refreshments and snacks served.
• Ford’s Filling Station – Beer garden on patio with live music; happy hour all night long.
• Fraîche – Free glass of Fraîche sangria at the bar; any beer for $2 from 5:30 – 9 p.m.
• Fresh Paint – Open for exhibition viewing
• Gyenari – $2 Hite beers and Hite merchandise giveaways with beer purchase: beer mugs, key chains, and t-shirts; Korean-style sausage hotdogs and Oktoberfest Bibimbap.
• Haro Gallery – Open for exhibition viewing
• Kay & Dave’s – Buy 2 margaritas, get the third for free
• Kirk Douglas Theatre – Pre-show lobby party from 5 – 8 p.m. Enjoy beer specials and treats and get your Rock Band on too! Ticket giveaways for explosive new musical Venice.
• K-Zo – Complimentary cocktail for all adult diners
• LaRocco’s Pizzeria – Pizza samples and 10% off all food and drinks (not valid with other offers; dine-in only); dance review with “Kids on the Porch”.
• Le Saint Amour – Serving Choucroute (Bavarian sauerkraut and sausage); complimentary beer with this entrée.
• LIBRA – Food samples, bossa nova music
• Lunch – $3 craft beers and mini-bratwurst sandwiches; Oktoberfest trivia with great prizes.
• Lundeens – 10% off everything in the store; complimentary Oktoberfest drink.
• M Café – Complimentary organic beer tasting along with special tapas and appetizers on the patio. Dine-in customers receive a complimentary glass of organic beer with their purchase of $10 or more.
• Massage Garage – $10 off any service when booked during Block Party (10/20) for any future Mon.-Fri. appointment. Other discounts, hot tea and goodies served.
• Meet – All-you-can-eat mussels for $21.95 with a selection of 10 different sauces
• Novecento – 10% discount on all menu items and $3.50 Heinekens; $3 chardonnay and cabernet wines.
• Royal/T – 50% off any one appetizer with purchase of beer
• Rush Street – Oktoberfest beer garden dinner with communal seating; beer maids serving $4 Spaten Oktoberfest and Hoegarden draft beer. Authentic Schweinebraten roasted pork on pretzel rolls; Oktoberfest After Party 9 p.m. to close with DJ and Oktoberfest-inspired free pole dancing lessons and show.
• Sony Pictures Entertainment – Special “Blockbuster” one-hour tour for $15/per person; tours begin at 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
• sporteve – Experience the nation’s hottest workout trend—Hoopnotica! Instructors will be on-hand and sparkle fitness hoops available. Refreshments by U Natural Hydration.
• Tender Greens – Half-off bottles of wine
• The Culver Hotel – Live outdoor entertainment and complimentary appetizers every hour on the hour. Special Oktoberfest beer and appetizers.
• Ugo Italian Bar – Buy any entrée or special and receive a complimentary appetizer; all beers at happy hour prices.
• Ugo Italian Café – Buy any entrée or special and receive a complimentary appetizer; all beers at happy hour prices.
• Ugo Wine Bar – $15 wine cards for $10
• Vanity Room – Get ready for fall with a great pair of fall boots at 20% off; Oktoberfest beers and wine served.
• WWA Gallery – Killer viewing of the group show HORRORWOOD where 40 artists pay homage to the horror film genre; complimentary Oktoberfest beer.