In 2000, the “Park to Playa” vision was first articulated: a seamless trail connecting urban residents with the natural coast. The trail will connect approximately 13 miles from the Baldwin Hills along Ballona Creek to the Ballona Wetlands and the beach bicycle path. The Ballona Creek portion of the trail is now implemented. The current study will define the location and design of the eastern portion of the trail, passing through several parks and jurisdictions in the Baldwin Hills area, starting at the Stocker Corridor to the east and connecting parts of the trail systems of Ruben Ingold Park, Norman O. Houston Park, Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area, and Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook to the west.
Come Share Your Ideas!
Please join us at the workshop to review maps of the study corridor and share your ideas, such as:
• Where the trail should go within the parks
• Connections to park facilities and community destinations
• Types of trail uses desired
• Features and amenities – wayfinding signs, benches, maps, landscape, etc.Contact:
More Ways to Participate
Can’t make the meeting? There are other ways to participate:
• Send us comments or questions by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Attend Baldwin Hills Conservancy board meetings or Baldwin Hills Regional
• Take our survey: www.surveymonkey.com/park2playa